...15hours away from being 22 (technically, because I was born at 12:13PM on 26/08/1987). Gosh, I'm suddenly feeling quite ancient (no offence to the above-22 readers of LFMACH). Two-and-two...Twenty Two. Like in Lily Allen's latest single. I'm supposed to be living life to the fullest right now, aren't I?!
Erm...yeah, about that...
It's a hard thing to do, hey? A part of us just knows (or, I suppose, assumes) that we are going to be up with the sun (well some of us, atleast - I definitely have a few friends who rise when the sun is in its third quarter...slackers) tomorrow. So how does one live as if today is all s/he has? Oh, to be as carefree as (a ridiculously awesome) Mika in "We Are Golden"...
You know what...I think I've just been inspired! (NO, smartass, I'm not about to whip off my clothes and prance about in my neon-bright bedroom) I think I'm going to do something that I've never done before. OK, I'm going to start off small. There's no way I'm telling him I love him. And I'm definitely not going to bash in the windshield of my mortal enemy's new BMW. No. (But thanks for the silent offers :P) What I am going to do is join the cornballs at my local Creole restaurant/Karaoke place (yes, these do exist. come visit me in Lusaka, if you don't believe it) tomorrow evening and (with full commitment) belt out a Spice Girls song in front of 60-odd irate customers :)
Hah, you're laughing now but wait till you find out that the talent scout of Interscope Records was in the audience and that I've been signed up for a multi-million dollar record contract/world tour. Then I know you'll be the first to ask - Lady Gaga* who?
Birthday dares, anyone?
Love and back aches,
S xxx
*Does anybody else think this woman is absolutely rubbish?

HAHA! I like the plan! Go Wild!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE!
:)
Tina
p.s. totally wish, I was there to witness that! :P
ReplyDeleteMany happy returns. Enjoy the session. Love you. :)
ReplyDeleteAs long as your voice is as beautiful as the one you used to use in choir, it shouldn't be a problem :P LOL still trying to get over that!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I happen to know one such person who wakes up after the sun is high in the sky...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!