Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Oh crap, I didn't make a friggin' wish! Dammit! Hello, you guys are supposed to *remind* me!"

...LOL ok, so I forgot to make a Birthday wish. Genius, I know. But after yesterday, I can't possibly think of much else that life could be offering me right now. I want to thank ALL of you for making my Birthday so very special!! I'm truly blessed to have friends and loved ones as awesome as you lot. THANK YOU for the calls, messages, cards, presents!, love...it really made me feel so spoiled :)

It was so lovely to be home this year for the b'day. It was a quiet day, which is something I really wanted. Just some time to reflect on the past year (which has been packed to the rafters with Change, Obama included ;)) and to be surrounded by the people I care most deeply about. Oh and there were some non-sappy incidents as well - for instance, I *FINALLY* WATCHED THE HANGOVER!!! Eeeee! And yes, I loved it. I literally fell off my seat, had an unstoppable bout of hiccuping and basically annoyed everyone with my incessant guffawing for the entire 99mins of film. [If you haven't seen it yet - what on earth are you waiting for?!] Anyway, all in all a great day! SADLY, though, I have no exciting Karaoke story to tell. Bummer, I know. My parents and I skipped going out to dinner and instead stayed at home and talked late into the night - so no "Stop right now thank you very much"-ing occurred.

However, the good news is that I'm going to the Creole place TOMORROW night for a friend's Birthday dinner!! And the people I'm going with are simply awesome (read as: as far from 'normalcy' as humanly possible) -- so I promise to have atleast some interesting stories to tell!

Alright if I'm to wow the patrons at Le Triomphe Dolphin (yes I'm as puzzled as you are as to why it's called that...crazy Mauritians) with my Baby Spice impressions, I'm going to need some sleep. So, bedtime it is. Warm bed, fluffy pillows, Pride & Prejudice -- Mama's coming :)

Zzzzzz,
S xxx

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you had a good day! :D
    Hangover IS HILARIOUS!
    And oh gosh, must get down to Pride and Prejudice and I will email you but am currently immersed in extra classes and its insane how happy that makes me! Had classes from 8:50am to 4pm today (not nonstop, but still more than I've ever had in college before!)
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete