Tuesday, October 20, 2009

*Grin*

So, I had butterscotch ice-cream for breakfast today [neat side story: the owners of this new I-Scream factory are close friends of my daddy so we get tons of scrumdiddlyupmtious tubs for free! ahh, the joys of being a guinea pig! my favourites thus far have been the unbelievably creamy vanilla and their tarty lemon-lime. also, Ice-Cream-Factory-Man's son is really hot. although, now that I mention it, I should probably stop gorging myself on fatty, creamy delights if I'm to have any chance with aforementioned hot son...] and while suffering from subsequent brain freeze, powered through a "How I Met Your Mother" marathon on my laptop for 2.5hrs while lying on my prickly, green lawn. All this awesomeness before 11AM!

As a result of the grand opening, the rest of my day was smashing! I actually obeyed my parents and sorted out all my US travel papers in the afternoon - which made me realise that I'm leaving in exactly 4 days! EEEK. Then during class, my friend told me a ton of entertaining stories about my drunken antics from Friday night (apparently I rapped an ENTIRE Young Jeezy verse in honour of Ghana's victory at the U-20 World Cup. Oh, how I wish I actually remembered such things!). I came home to newly-installed air conditioners and a new Mark Sherry Tech-Trance mix in my inbox. Mummy made my favourite dal for dinner. And I'm now going to go take a walk under a clear, starlit Zambian sky while listening to this song.

I have a feeling that I'm going to look like my bedtime teddy, Fooface, when I finally fall asleep tonight. Just sickeningly, nauseatingly happy.

4 comments:

  1. Same feeling as you but only because you're coming in FIVE DAYS...eek!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're going back? exciting!? I'm excited if you're excited!
    love you!
    (and oh, how i miss that starry Zambian sky! :'()

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Natasha - :) love you. can't wait.

    @Tina - only for a 2-week holiday, though. come back to Zambia so we can star gaze together...no joke! xxx

    ReplyDelete