
Best-movie-ever.
I watched it 3 times in a row today -- from 1AM - 7AM -- bangbangbang. And, just like that, I found love.
It is at once the most simple and the most lyrical film I've seen...utterly disgustingly bee-yoo-tee-ful! Absolutely adored every scene, song and scene-song in the film. I would sit here and write about my favourite moments from the movie - but I think trying to describe 1hr25mins of film might drive both you and me crazy. If you're looking for something to lift your spirits and splash a Skittles-sweet rainbow over your life - pleasepleaseplease watch this movie. If you're not happier and/or groovier at the end of the experience...someone better call 911, because your heart has officially stopped beating.
And the soundtrack? OH, THE SOUNDTRACK! I think I just rediscovered the Indie side of me :) I've decided to give my subwoofers a break from heavy basslines and, instead, go with the sweet (albeit somewhat cacophonous) Indie-rock melodies of the soundtrack for the next few days.
New York. Musical soulmates. Sunrise. Love. The story feels all too familiar...
Lots of "Where's Fluffy" love,
S xxx
N.B. - Can we PLEASE recognise the awesomeness of the "Maybe we are the pieces" moment! Oh, Michael Cera, you are the cheese to my baguette, the jelly to my toast... *sigh*

Skittles-sweet rainbow...
ReplyDeleteahh. i cried when i learned they had gelatin in them...
will check out le movie.
meh. :P
ReplyDelete@Nabz - LOL! oh dear. thank god i have no dietary restrictions (well, except hating coriander,cabbage and chana dal). def watch the movie - esp now that you're in NYC!!
ReplyDelete@Tina - are you serious?! first "The Royal Tenenbaums" and now this. how will our dosti survive...? :P
one of my favourite films too, though for other reasons: i liked that it shows a side of new york we're familiar with from our everyday lives (penn station, port authority...) and that the plot has so many cultural things i wouldn't really have been able to relate to i i'd not gone to brown, like the obsession with obscure bands, sneaking drinks in vitamin water bottles and all that. it also doesn't try too hard, which is nice.
ReplyDeletehow goes it with you these days? am busy being mindless cannon fodder...also known as being a reservist in the singapore army:p
@Kai - i totally agree; i probably wouldn't have loved or related to the characters as much as i did had i not gone to Brown and had Indie-Rock, Hipster friends!
ReplyDeletei am doing quite well. a little bored, but i'm trying to stay positive and think of all the good things about being home:) also, i have a trip to the US next month that i can look forward to! wish you could come...and haha your life sounds like a "blast";) any new adventures to speak of?