Friday, July 31, 2009

Wasilla, Over and Out

This is great! Another reason why we should thank the millions of Black, Hispanic and Asian voters* for coming out on 4th November, 2008 and ensuring our world wasn't run by this "Mavericky" individual.

*According to TIME magazine (August 3, 2009):
Voter Turnout in numbers [Red for 2004, Blue for 2008]

White: 65.8% vs 66.1%
Black: 56.3% vs 64.7%
Hispanic: 28% vs 49.9%
Asian: 29.8% vs 47.6%

[And yes, I know that these numbers don't necessarily prove the Minority Vote singlehandedly helped Barack win the election (because I'm sure there are some mis-guided people of colour who continue to vote Republican ;) )...but we golly well know that their votes helped. A whole lot. And maybe even a whole lot more than we know.]

N.B. - I realise that this post is virtually red-white-and-blue. What can I say, I'm just that patriotic.

3 comments:

  1. haha palin's original speech isn't too bad from a grammatical perspective, actually. it sounds like something that's intended to be spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly spoiled for choice in trying to come up with quotes to counter your post, Kai :P. But let's just take a look at this one from Page 3: "I've taken the slings and arrows with that unpopular move because to veto that it was the right thing to do, because I know that being right is better than being popular". Erm, I'm sorry, but that's something I'd never like to hear spoken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MInorities who support the Republican Party in overwhelming number: Cubans and Vietnamese. ;-)

    ReplyDelete